Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Week

Hi guys, sorry it's been so long since I've posted but I had writers block. Anyway, because Easter is coming up, I'll be spending a lot of time at church this week getting things ready for the usual celebrations. We have a potluck Last Supper and a foot washing on Holy Thursday. On Good Friday our youth group puts on a living Stations of the Cross Service at church and the local American House in the afternoon, and in the evening there's a Tenebrae Service at church. Holy Saturday is Easter Vigil where the adults at our church who want to receive Baptism/First Communion/Confirmation will be able to receive these sacraments. And of course Easter morning with two different masses at which children and babies can be Baptized (children at 9:00am and babies at 11:00am). So it looks like I'll be at church 25 + hours this week (including Palm Sunday and the Saturday before), that's ok though because this is a fun week (especially if you're an alter server). My favorite day/mass for Holy Week would have to be tonight's potluck dinner. I would like to wish all of you a Happy Easter, incase I don't post again before then.
P.S.  Also please pray for my sister's guinea pig who has inflamed tissue around her spine so her back legs aren't working (the vet gave us anti-inflammatory medicine and told us to come back in two weeks, fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment